Lasagne on the BBQ
Missing a good ole lasagne on the road? Here’s a great way to make a lasagne as you roll solo on a bbq.
Get out your aluminum foil and lets get cooking!
Foil packet on the bbq
- 450g grated mozzarella,
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 large tomatoes (2 thinly sliced, 1 grated)
- 12 no-boil lasagna sheets
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh herbs (basil, mint and/or parsley)
- Preheat a grill to medium.
- Combine the mozzarella, parmesan, red pepper flakes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and all but 1/4 teaspoon garlic in a bowl; drizzle with olive oil and toss.
- Season the sliced tomatoes with salt. Lay out 4 double-layer sheets of nonstick foil.
- Drizzle each with olive oil, top with 1 noodle and sprinkle each noodle with 1 tablespoon water.
- Divide half each of the spinach, sliced tomatoes and mozzarella mixture among the noodles. Repeat to make another layer of noodles, water, spinach, tomatoes and mozzarella mixture.
- Finish each stack with a noodle, 1 tablespoon water and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bring the foil together and crimp tightly closed to make 4 flat packets.
- Grill the packets, covered, until tender, about 10 minutes per side. Let rest 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix the grated tomatoes, a pinch of salt, the reserved 1/4 teaspoon garlic and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- Open the packets and cut the lasagna in half, if desired.
- Top with the tomato mixture, ricotta and herbs.